Rescue Risborough!It's not too late...
Sign our petition!
We deserve a better town plan and it’s not too late to fight for one.
RARA has just launched a petition to gather as many signatures as we can to protest to Wycombe District Council (WDC) about the scale of the development they are proposing for the Risborough area, which currently stands at least 2,600 new homes.
As you know, we are not against some growth but the scale of development proposed by WDC will overwhelm the current settlement and wreck the town – too many homes and poor infrastructure proposals to support such an expansion. Our letters sent to WDC before Christmas (read them here) addressed the concerns we have for our roads, rail, available jobs, schools and doctors. All of these will be under ever more pressure, reducing the quality of life for existing and future residents.
The petition will be presented by RARA at a full WDC council meeting on 03 April 2017. This will assist us with demonstrating the level of concern that local residents have, and the strength of support for the points RARA will raise with the Planning Inspector in July/August 2017.
What are we asking you to do?
If you’re willing and able to help collect signatures in your area, road, local place of work or organisation, we would be keen to hear from you via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your assistance to gather more signatures would be hugely appreciated. The target is more than 3,000 signatures by the 21 March 2017, which will represent more than one third of of the current population of the area, adding significant impact to our case and triggering a full debate by WDC.
What do we want to achieve?
In short, a better town plan for Risborough and the surrounding area.
By supporting our petition, we can demonstrate the strength of local feeling, and call on the Planning Inspector to:
- Force WDC to reconsider its plan for Princes Risborough, and propose a lower scale of development;
- Investigate better solutions for the Wycombe District that makes better use of available land;
- Fully consult with local residents on future proposals and act on their views and feedback.
RARA Petition - EXTENDED DEADLINE
What's the problem?
Wycombe District Council wants to double the size of Princes Risborough by building 2,600 new homes on fields recommended for Green Belt allocation and at risk of flooding. We think this is too many for our small market town to sustain.
Provision in the plan for local GP services, school places, employment, leisure facilities, traffic flow and parking is inadequate. The old and new parts of the town will be split apart by the railway line and a new relief road.
WDC’s Local Plan Development timeline (as we understand it!)
- Publication April 2017 (TBC) Comments made at this stage are forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate. We need to make representations at this stage to be able to appear at the hearings at the examination in public later in the year.
- Submission to the Planning Inspectorate July 2017
- Examination in Public October 2017
- Inspector’s main modifications consultation December 2017
- Final Inspector’s report February 2018
- Adoption March 2018