Rescue RisboroughThe Planning Inspector will listen - write today!
Write to the Planning Inspector!
- Wycombe District Council’s Local Plan has entered its final public consultation stage
- There will be no further opportunity for you to comment on the Local Plan after the consultation closes on 27th November 2017
- Any comments you have sent during previous consultations WILL NOT be considered.
- You MUST WRITE AGAIN to Wycombe District Council if you would like your views to be taken into account by the Planning Inspector
- If you are writing to object, you must state this clearly in your response
You can send your comments to Wycombe District Council by email or post:
Post: Planning Policy Team, Planning and Sustainability, Wycombe District Council Offices, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BB
‘Write to the Planning Inspector’ – a RARA short guide on key issues when writing to the Planning Inspector. Not one to be missed!
‘Act Now’ Leaflet – a RARA summary of how Wycombe District Council’s plan will impact the town, how we could plan for a better future
A Better Town Plan – a detailed document that sets out RARA’s ideas for a more sustainable future
Wycombe District Local Plan – Wycombe District Council’s consultation website
Helpful hint: when writing, try to focus on a couple of issues that mean the most to you. Highlight why you feel the plan is inadequate, and suggest some positive alternatives. RARA’s ‘Better Town Plan’ document will be particularly helpful.
Why are RARA campaigning?
Wycombe District Council is planning to build more than 3,000 new houses in Princes Risborough and the surrounding villages of Longwick and The Kimbles.
RARA is supportive of more new homes in Princes Risborough, but we want to ensure that we get the best possible deal for the town. A deal that reflects the vision and aspiration of the local community – not something that’s imposed on us by Wycombe District Council.
RARA members want to live in a town that is vibrant and prosperous. A town where young people and young families can afford to buy a new home. A town where our important landscape, wildlife, and heritage is protected. A town where local people are listened to, and where their views really do help shape the future of the place they call home.
The provision in the plan for local GP services, school places, employment, leisure facilities, traffic flow and parking is inadequate. The old and new parts of the town will be split apart by the railway line and a new relief road.
Wycombe District Council’s plan is not a rational, well-thought-out strategy for a sustainable future. Instead, it’s an attempt by the Council to meet ill-conceived and inappropriate housing targets for the Wycombe District. That’s why RARA started the Rescue Risborough campaign.
What do we want to achieve?
In short, a better town plan for the Risborough Area. With your help, we can demonstrate the strength of local feeling and call on the Planning Inspector to:
- Force WDC to reconsider its plan for Princes Risborough, and propose a lower scale of development
- Investigate better solutions for the Wycombe District that makes better use of available land
- Fully consult with local residents on future proposals and genuinely act on their views and feedback
How else can you help?
Writing to Wycombe District Council is the most effective way of making sure your voice is heard. But you can help us Rescue Risborough in a number of other ways: